ModuleGoals and Objectives:
Development of fundamental skills necessary for more advanced topic in Reservoir and Production engineering. Particular emphasis is placed on exposure to the related software usage and basic methods used in oil and gas wells testing. The systematic analysis and modern software techniques will be applied to model the performance of the production system needed for interpretation on a master development plan (MDP) and providing recommended tools for optimization of each individual component. At the end of the Module, attendants will:
- Understand the concepts used in well-test analysis.
- Be able to design and interpret well-tests with current industry software
- Appreciate what information is gained from well testing.
- Be familiar with the technical well testing literature.
- Know the equipment and practical aspects of well testing.
- BASIC RESERVOIR ENGINEERING CONSIDERATION
- WELL TEST OBJECTIVES & CONCEPTS
- DESIGNING WELL TESTS & MORE ADVANCE TOPICS
- COMPUTER-AIDED ANALYSIS
- FIELD EXAMPLES
- An overview of well testing: Purpose of well testing.
- Methodology, Types of tests.
- Build-up analysis.
- Definitions & typical regimes, Productivity Index, Radius of Investigation.
- Wellbore conditions.
- Finite conductivity vertical fracture
- Well in partial penetration
- Horizontal well.
- Double porosity behavior
- Boundary models
- Layered reservoirs
- Practical well testing
The contribution of well test analysis to reservoir and well characterization is explained. Practical aspects of well-testing, design and interpretation are covered. A clear methodology is presented, with applications on well test analysis software tools. Also on this module students learn about:
Types of Tests, Infinite Acting Radial Flow, Skin Effect, Wellbore Storage, Semilog Analysis, Log-Log Type Curves; Fractured Wells, Dual Porosity Behavior; Confidence Intervals, Horizontal Well testing, the effects of reservoir and well parameter on well testing results.
And at the end of this module, student work with actual well testing examples and related interpretation.